Synopsis: Stargate refers to the extensive science fiction media franchise beginning with the 1994 feature film Stargate, and the subsequent body of works that detail an elaborate fictional universe. The story of the film was continued in novel form, in two live-action television series (Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis), one animated series (Stargate Infinity), and in other derivative works.
Plot Summary: Stargate: SG-1 - General Hammond summons Colonel Jack O'Neill out of retirement to embark on a secret rescue mission. O'Neill confesses that he disobeyed orders to destroy the Stargate on Planet Abydos, and that scientist Daniel Jackson may still be alive. Arriving on Abydos with his team, O'Neill meets up once again with the scientist, who has discovered a giant elaborate cartouche in hieroglyphics. All signs point to the fact that this is a map of many Stargates that exist throughout the galaxy - a development that makes the dream of the SG-1 team to travel throughout the universe in time a reality.
Summary written by Sean Fitzgibbons, found at IMDb
Stargate: Atlantis - The events of Stargate Atlantis follow the cliffhanger Stargate SG-1 seventh season finale "Lost City", where the SG-1 found an outpost made by the race known as the Ancients in Antarctica. After the events of Stargate SG-1 season eight premiere "New Order", the Stargate Command sends an international team to investigate the outpost. Soon, Dr. Jackson discovers the location of the greatest city created by the Ancients, Atlantis.
The series follows the adventures of a group of scientists and soldiers that take this possibly one-way trip to this lost city of Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy. Like the SG teams of Stargate SG-1, the new team's use of the Stargate has brought humanity into contact with other cultures, some human and some alien, some friendly and some quite hostile, including their new and most powerful enemy: the Wraith.
The Atlantis expedition, led by Dr. Weir, arrives to the city of the Ancients and quickly make new friends, the Athosians and a powerful new enemy: the Wraith. Cut off from Earth, the expedition must survive in a new galaxy, while deciphering the Ancient's technology and finding a way to destroy the Wraith. Major Sheppard puts together a team consisting of himself, Dr. McKay, Lt. Ford and the Athosian leader Teyla, who serves as Atlantis first contact team. In one of their first missions, they make another enemy in the Genii, a human militaristic civilization with a 1950s level of technology.
Summary written by Wikipedia, found at Wikipedia
Tie-in Novels for Stargate
- Stargate by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich
- Rebellion by Bill McCay
- Retaliation by Bill McCay
- Retribution by Bill McCay
- Reconnaissance by Bill McCay
- Resistance by Bill McCay
- Stargate SG-1 by Ashley McConnell
- The Price You Pay by Ashley McConnell
- The First Amendment by Ashley McConnell
- The Morpheus Factor by Ashley McConnell
- Trial by Fire by Sabine C. Bauer
- Sacrifice Moon by Julie Fortune
- A Matter of Honor by Sally Malcolm
- City of the Gods by Sonny Whitelaw
- The Cost of Honor by Sally Malcolm
- Siren Song by Jaimie Duncan and Holly Scott
- Survival of the Fittest by Sabine C Bauer
- Alliances by Karen Miller
- Rising by Sally Malcolm
- Reliquary by Martha Wells
- The Chosen by Sonny Whitelaw and Beth Christensen
- Halcyon by James Swallow
- Exogenesis by Sonny Whitelaw and Beth Christensen
Source: Stargate Novels